Weimaraner Club of the Washington D.C. Area Field Trial
October 23-25, 2009
C.F. Phelps W.M.A.
Submitted by Stephanie Tsantes
As many of you know, our club’s field trials are known far and wide as drought breakers, and this trial, held on October 24th thru the 26th was no exception.
The WCWDCA Fall trial brought old and new friends from near and far. Due to the timing and location of the Vizsla Nationals in Southern Virginia starting at the end of October and the timing of the start of Turkey season, we had to shuffle both our usual dates as well as our location. We had entries from many red dogs trying to gear up for the Vizsla nationals and travelers from as far away as Arizona and Ohio who were slowly making their way towards the Vizsla Nationals. With new grounds came some challenges with overgrown conditions but also brought a clubhouse with shelter, working kitchen, and bathrooms. We also were lucky to have gunners Lance Fargo, Danny Gooch, and Mike Mullineaux for excellent shooting on the course. The one year we were lucky enough to have shelter we also had remarkably warm weather and no need for the heat that has desperately been needed in the past. This year’s trial drew 116 entries from 60 dogs.
With the addition of a kitchen on the grounds, your trusty scribe went from bird planter, dog handler, to on site kitchen crew worker. Virginia Alexander reveled in organizing, planning, and preparing all of the meals and helped to produce one of the fanciest field trial dinners that I have experienced. There were many good dogs, good fellowship, and new friends amongst our group.
The participants also donated money to the Wounded Warriors for a hunt scheduled at Cedar Grove. Between donations at this trial and the Vizsla Nationals almost $1200.00 was raised to help wounded soldiers in a scheduled hunt in November.
A great group of participants, judges, and volunteers made the fall trial a success. Once again, the club’s fairy godmother Ginny Alexander enticed the next generation of field trialers to bring their dogs and participate in the field trial. Mary Brown was a work horse in the saddle making sure that we had bird planting and that the trial ran smoothly. A special thank you to the judges Jeffrey A. Brown, Wayne Scubalek, Al Lucas, Grace Anne Lawson, Stanley Zdon, Thomas Digney, Timothy Carwile, and Clinton Sails. The folks that made our trial a success were Chairman Mary Brown, Jay Fleming, Virginia Alexander, Renee and Gene Lafollette, Lance Fargo, Julie Brooks, newlyweds Garth and Cindy White, Wayne Cowles, and Dennis Brekhus.
Check the postings on the D.C. club’s website next year for information on the Spring Trial.
WEIMARANER CLUB OF THE WASHINGTON D.C. AREA
SPRING FIELD TRIAL
OPEN ALL AGE
Judges: Al Lucas & Stanley Zdon
1 English Setter
2 English Setter
4. FC Aztec’s Midnight Shift “Rogue” (NAFC/FC/AFC Northernlights This BudsForU x FC Grau Geist’s True Love Ways) b/Thomas & Eileen Ingala o/Tim & Elaine Carwile and Mike & Pat Bailey h/Tim Carwile
OPEN LIMITED GUN DOG
Judges: Tim Carwile & Wayne Scubalek
OPEN GUN DOG
Judges: Thomas Digney & Jeffrey A. Brown
Judges: Tim Carwile & Stanley Zdon Jr.
Judges: Grace Anne Lawson & Clinton Sails
1. Blitz’ Ajax von Reiteralm (FC Saga’s Blitzkrieg von Reiteralm x Kathleen’s Rosie von Reiteralm) b/Dennis Brekhus o/Mike Falcone h/Dennis Brekhus
2. Mani’s Tucker von Reiteralm (Legend’s Mani v.d. Reiteralm x Axel’s Remington von Reiteralm) b/Jennifer & William Redmond o/h Alan Visintainer
3. Jaas Dreamin Kaleidoscope Adventure ‘Kali’ (Ardreem’s Too Legit to Quit x Jaas Lucky Grey Ruger) o/b/h Joe Petroski
4. Sneakbreaks Sargent von Reiteralm ‘Sarg’ (NAFC Snake Breaks Sgt. Schultz x FC Saga’s J.P. Getty von Reiterealm) b/Tim Smith & Virginia Alexander o/Virginia Alexander h/ Dennis Brekhus
AMATEUR GUN DOG
Judges: Thomas E. Digney & Grace Anne Lawson
1. FC Saga’s Blitzkrieg v. Reiteralm (NFC/NAFC/DC SnakeBreak’s Saga v. Reiteralm, MH x CH Reiteralm’s Absolute Point) b/Timothy Easter, o/h Lance Fargo
AMATUER LIMITED GUN DOG
Judges: Jeffrey A. Brown & Thomas E. Digney
4 Silver Rain’s Rock’n Rodeo Roxie (Silver Rain’s Rodeo Rider x Gould’s Silver Rain Slingshot) b/Leslie Like o/h William Barber
AMATUER WALKING DERBY
Judges: Jeffrey A. Brown & Al Lucas
1 Axel’s Alpen Letona v. Reiteralm given
2 Axel’s Dogwood Hill Smokin (CH Axel Reiteralm of Weimar’s Joy x Reiteralm N Snakebreaks Bonnie, JH) b/Julianne Brooks & Virginia Alexander, o/Andrea Bruce-Smith & Virginia Alexander, h/ Scott Smith
3 Izzy’s Inga v. Windancer (FC Axel’s Bleu Bayou v. Reiteralm x FC Windancer Izzy von Reiteralm) b/o Jay & Dubose Fleming, h/ Lance Fargo
4 Izzy’s Zoie v. Windancer (FC Axel’s Bleu Bayou v. Reiteralm x FC Windancer Izzy von Reiteralm) b/o Jay & Dubose Fleming, h/ Lance Fargo
AMATEUR WALKING PUPPY
Judges: Al Lucas & Clinton Sails
1. Blitz’ Ajax von Reiteralm given
2. Jaas Lady Bellington of Babbtown (Ardreem’s Too Legit to Quit x Jaas Lucky Grey Ruger) b/h Joe Petroski o/ Terry Babb
3. Sneakbreaks Sargent von Reiteralm ‘Sarg’ given
4. Mani’s Tucker von Reiteralm given
Sampson N’Legend’s Stella v. Reiteralm (FC Axel’s Sampson v. Reiteralm x Legends Emma of Reiteralm) b/Virginia Alexander o/h Lisa Murphy